History

It was in the early 1930s that Mr O. Zimmerman founded the Technisch Bureau for cast iron products Soest (TBS). He based his business in a garage in Soest. At first, TBS produced just gullies and cast iron Manhole covers. After a short time the company relocated to the ‘de Vlijt’ mill on Kerkstraat.

Innovation with new materials

Just before the war, iron became scarce and therefore very expensive, and this led Zimmerman to experiment with a combination of cast iron and concrete. He designed a way of anchoring the cast iron in the concrete and applied to have the technique patented. It was an inexpensive and good-quality solution that is still proving its worth today.

The growth of TBS

In 1952, the business moved to the new industrial estate on Beckeringhstraat. At this time, TBS was supplying gullies and manhole covers to every local municipality in the Netherlands, and also to Belgium.

Market leader

Zimmerman’s son-in-law, E.S. Raatjes, took over the running of the business, from which time it experienced a period of rapid growth. TBS became the market leader in the field of gullies, Manhole covers, penstocks and Flap valves in Holland, a position it still enjoys today.

1992: water regulating products

In 1992, TBS started to use HDPE, a material with new qualities and new applications. This innovation represented an enormous boost to the production of water level regulating goods, and it was at this time that production levels for foreign markets also sharply increased. The firm moved shortly afterwards to its current premises on Koningsweg.

historie